Friday, January 04, 2008

"There's a hole in the world like a great black pit...

...and it's filled with people who are filled with shit!"

Ah, Sweeney. Murderous misanthropy at its finest. I wasn't nearly as disturbed by the gouts and gobs of blood as I was by watching...(slight spoiler ahead)...







...Mrs. Lovett's untimely demise. I adore Helena Bonham Carter. She's the patron saint of the profoundly weird.

So. Happy New Year. The bleak midwinter approacheth -- my favorite season. I'm working on a very dark futuristic fantasy featuring fresh, creamy innocence despoiled by Death incarnate and made to like it and beg for more. I've peopled it with vulgar, greedy, and ultimately inconsequential despots, vicious men of the cloth with nasty turns of mind and secret agendas, and a whole boatload of kinky sex -- using the online writing/reading/blogging community as my template, obviously. And a happy ending. Because this is ROMANCE, baby.

The working title of this homage to the sick and twisted is NIGHTSHADE, and it should be released by Amber Allure sometime in May.

Also, SEVEN YEAR ACHE made the top ten bestseller list at Amber Allure for the second month running, so yay for the cold, hard cash, yes? *sigh* That resolution to be less crass lasted a whole four days.

Oh well. Maybe next year.

SelahMarch.com - Romance of Dubious Virtue

2Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

We alllllllllllll deserve to die, even you mrs. lovett, even I.

we alllllll went to that movie. I was a little worried about the 10 year old who insisted he loved the sound track too much to miss it.

I spent more time my eyes closed than he did. The bit of glowering Johnny Depp in different scenes (beach, ship, wedding) was inspired.

Otherwise. Hey, it was okay and the 10-year-old says the art teacher at school LURVED the grey and then red, red, red and he's the only one with whom she can really discuss the Vizzzualz of the movie because most parents don't let their kids see it.

1/05/2008 8:09 PM  
Blogger Selah March said...

That final image was pretty effing amazing, but I've had two bad dreams about Mrs. Lovett's death. Weird, huh?

1/08/2008 7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home