Thursday, November 08, 2007

'Atta boy, Clarence

"She'd better keep her mouth shut or her sales will drop and her career will be in the toilet."

That's me paraphrasing something I keep reading over and over and over in various places using various sorts of language. But the thing is? In my case? Not so much, really.

I can't speak for anyone else, but every time I let myself be weak and participate in a little Romancelandia free-for-all, my Fictionwise sales spike. This year's post-RWA conference Battle of the Bloggers saw a rise of between 5% and 10% in sales of my work there. Which really? Isn't saying much, because I'm hardly a bestseller on my finest day. But it does seem to point to the above statement being a crock of the ripest kind of bullshit.

So. I will continue to try to avoid this painful, pointless nonsense when I can, but not because I fear for my career. You know, every time a bell rings, an angel gets its wings...

In other news, the countdown to the end of the first round of the Brava novella contest has begun. I'm trying to be very Zen about the whole thing. I'm failing. Hold me.

SelahMarch.com - Romance of Dubious Virtue

10Comments:

Blogger FerfeLaBat said...

I love that movie. I play it over and over while I bake cookies at Christmas. I want to try something with mangos this year. Any ideas for a cookie using mangos?

11/08/2007 10:13 AM  
Blogger FerfeLaBat said...

OK I need to update the icon and revert back to the cat. Testing.

11/08/2007 10:17 AM  
Blogger Selah March said...

I suspect that like pears and peaches, mangoes don't stand up well to the high temps necessary for cookie baking. You could probably do a small tartlette or a mango upside-down cake, though.

Candied mangoes might work in a cookie. Hmm.

11/08/2007 10:24 AM  
Blogger FerfeLaBat said...

I'm thinking I could substitute dried mango for dates in a recipe.

11/08/2007 10:55 AM  
Blogger FerfeLaBat said...

The spices would be different. Lighter. Ever tried Sapot? Good stuff. I'll have to experiment.

11/08/2007 10:56 AM  
Blogger Eva Gale said...

Didn't see that one.

Mmm mango thumbprints with a dusting of nutmeg.

11/08/2007 10:58 AM  
Blogger Selah March said...

Okay, remember me? The one who swore off sugar and white flour because the migraines were gonna kill me?

You can stop ANYTIME NOW. :p

11/08/2007 12:27 PM  
Blogger Eva Gale said...

I'll send you soy protien bars covered in carob.

11/08/2007 12:47 PM  
Blogger FerfeLaBat said...

My date recipe doesn't use flour. It has oatmeal, caramel, sweetened condensed milk, hazel nuts and graham crackers, along with other stuff I would have to look up. Very bad for you. But yummy.

11/08/2007 12:55 PM  
Blogger Selah March said...

*eats a handful of pumpkin seeds*

*whimpers piteously*

11/08/2007 12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home