Thursday, October 19, 2006

Nothin' Like a Kick in the Ass

So PBW made her usual Thursday-ebook-challenge post this week on the topic of slackers like me.

Read it here.

Subtle she ain't. But reading it at 5:30 this morning was a more effective jolt than a triple-shot of espresso.

Today? Is a writing day. Four thousand words, if it kills me. And if does kill me, I'll go with a sense of satisfaction and a determined grimace on my puss.

Yeah, yeah, I know. EVERY day should be a writing day. I'm working on it. Way of the Cheetah, indeed. Most days, I'm lucky if I attain Way of the Box Turtle.

SelahMarch.com - Romance of Dubious Virtue

2Comments:

Blogger pecunium said...

I found you while stumbling about the web (Blogshares, to be exact) and I happen to know a number of writers (and some editors) who write about the craft of writing; in blogs.

So, for your amusement only, I offer them to you.

http://matociquala.liverjournal.com

She writes SF, won the John W. Campbell award, one year ago, as having the best story by a new writer (first published in the previous two years), and focuses on craft.

http://nielsenhayden.com/makinglight/

Editors, for Tor Books and a writer, (also in SF). Teresa has edited just about everything, and a lot of writers hang out in the comments.

This is more than just writing, though the comment threads on publishing are great. The comments are more than half the value of the blog.

http://ctahmase.diaryland.com/

Aspiring writer, working at it.

Romance is her field. Like most blogs it has more than just comments on writing, but she pays attention to what she's doing, how, and why.

I hope they help, and that if they don't it didn't take up too much of your time.

Good luck.

TK

10/25/2006 12:12 PM  
Blogger Selah March said...

Thank you kindly for sharing, pecunium. I'm familiar with Making Light, but the others are new to me, and I'll check be sure to check them out.

And thanks for visiting. Have a lovely day. :)

10/25/2006 12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home