Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Bereft of a Catchy Title

I was going to post about Glacier National Park, and Going-To-The-Sun Road up to Logan Pass, and how the snow is still crusty and deep there, despite the yellow wildflowers growing three-quarters of the way up the sides of mountains. About how weirdly home-like the town of Kalispell felt (waves to Becca) to this New York-born and bred northeasterner, and how, as we were leaving the hotel on our way to airport at 6 AM two days ago, I found myself humming "Sunday Morning Coming Down," (the Kris Kristofferson version).

But today I got an email from Phaze offering me a contract for my novella, "To Have and Have Not."

I've sold short fiction and nonfiction before, but this is my first romantic fiction sale, and my first sale under the name "Selah March," so I'm pretty excited. Very excited, actually.

My husband, who has been...reasonably patient...will be VERY pleased.

The novella will be released late in the year, in all likelihood. I'll try to get a blurb up in the next day or two.

I'm thinking...maybe...steak for dinner.

3Comments:

Blogger Donald Francis said...

And YAAAAAAAAAAY on the contract!! That is AWESOME!

How were the steaks?

6/29/2005 3:00 PM  
Blogger Karen Scott said...

Congrats Selah!!!

6/30/2005 12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go, Selah. Keep us posted on when it will be available.

7/02/2005 11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home