Thursday, June 23, 2005

How the West was...okay, not WON so much as fought over by three hungry, cranky children like the last slightly stale chocolate glazed croissant...

Posting from the wilds of northwestern Montana, just a few miles from snow-capped mountains, where black bears and grizzlies and big cats roam. Five of us trapped in a small hotel room--two of us under the age of ten--sharing a bathroom and a complimentary Continental breakfast tray and fighting over the temp control on the air conditioner. There's no quiet spot to escape for writing, or even just sitting and thinking. I can check my email in ten and fifteen minute bursts on the hotel computer, but can't concentrate long enough to read or critique a full chapter for a friend. Maybe if I sneak down after midnight...

Tomorrow we hike Glacier Park, home of all the aforementioned carnivorous beasties. I am determined to approach the day with a positive attitude, and NOT end up doing time for manslaughtering my own kin and dumping their bodies in the lake. Orange jumpsuit, side-seam pockets, not a good look, as Barb keeps reminding me.

Prayers and good wishes gratefully accepted...

5Comments:

Blogger Karen Scott said...

Sounds like you're having a fabulous time Selah (grin)

Hopefully you all come back in one piece.

6/24/2005 4:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. I'm in the midst of a deadline and yet still hosting a pool party/sleepover for eight ten-year-old-girls this weekend. I keep thinking of Joan Crawford and reminding myself that my daughter likes to write.

6/24/2005 9:13 AM  
Blogger Selah March said...

*sigh* I was hoping someone would tell me this whole "balance" thing would get easier. PBW--if YOU'RE still struggling with it...

Karen--everyone is still in possession of all their pieces, with 12 hours to go till the last plane out of Kalispell. We shall see if I manage to avoid orange jumpsuit.

6/25/2005 7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, now I'm getting homesick! My family is from Kalispell.

I need to go to the Sun!

6/26/2005 1:09 PM  
Blogger Donald Francis said...

I like orange, myself.

Oh. Wait. That's not helping.

6/26/2005 11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home