Thursday, June 02, 2005

I Love Trouble

So, a couple weeks ago, I won a contest over at Smart Bitches and part of the prize was a chance at "Guest Bitchery."

But chances are, if you're reading THIS, you've already read THAT. At some point in the next few hours or day or so, I'll have more to say on the subject. Likely something along the lines of "this Red State versus Blue State/Traditional Values versus Tolerance and Diversity rift is really getting out of hand when authors writing in a sub-genre that's making money hand over fist can't get a foot in the door of an organization supposedly devoted to supporting and encouraging blah blah blah..."

You get the idea. I'm incensed. So are a lot of other people, but about half of them are incensed at ME and my cohorts for writing the stuff in the first place, calling it romance, out-selling the sweet, traditional stuff (which, I swear, I have nothing against) and then doing our damnedest to get a seat at the banquet table RIGHT NEXT TO THEM.

IN THEIR PERSONAL SPACE.

WHERE THEY MIGHT HAVE TO BREATHE THE SAME AIR
.

FOR GOD'S SAKE, DON'T WE KNOW WE HAVE SMUT COOTIES??

More later, when the caffeine wears off.

1Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

"You're so damned smart." Yes, Selah, you know how to make a girl feel good. It's a line I'm going to savor for years.

6/02/2005 8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home