Monday, July 23, 2007

Upcoming review: THE UNFORTUNATE MISS FORTUNES

I generally don't review fiction here unless it's to give recommendations. I just don't possess whatever special skills it takes to criticize -- in the formal sense -- the work of others.

But I took a chance on a free ARC of the Jenny Crusie/Eileen Dreyer/Anne Stuart collaboration, THE UNFORTUNATE MISS FORTUNES, which Ms. Crusie offered up in sort of a "viral blogging review fest," much like that of Alison Kent's COMPLETE IDIOT'S GUIDE TO WRITING EROTIC ROMANCE last year. So if anyone's interested, my review should be up tomorrow.

In other news...yeah, it got pretty ugly out there for a little bit, and I contributed to some of it. I stand by every word I've said, however, and will not attempt to excuse my fit of bad temper by saying I was provoked or moved to verbal violence by the words of others. That would be tacky. And while I may be a bitch of the first order, I do try to avoid the tacky.

Unless we're talking Swan Hats, because I'm ALL OVER that shit.

Moving on.

SelahMarch.com - Romance of Dubious Virtue

3Comments:

Blogger Eva Gale said...

Bought it today. Bought FIVE books today.

I want a swan hat. And I want to do burlesque with it.

7/23/2007 9:29 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Bleh. Amazing how that kind of criticism really gets under the skin. Makes me appreciate what M and M went through (and I helped do it to them. Unintentional or not, baaaaaaaad Kate.)

FWIW, I think you're always fair even when you're stirred up. (FWIW being the key phrase here.) What's more, you can reason and be fair even when you're on the boil, which is hard damned work.

I don't know if your brain does the gerbil wheel about this stuff--mine does, big time--but if you are thinking about it, stop this instant. Jump the wheel and write a book.

7/25/2007 8:31 AM  
Blogger Selah March said...

Aw, Kate, you're so sweet I could cry. Thank you.

And yes, my brain is just another rodent on the march. But I'm trying. :)

7/26/2007 11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home