Monday, February 06, 2006

It's not whether you win or lose, it's... Oh. Wait. Never mind.

There is some tension in the March household this evening. Why? Superbowl XL, of course. What else could it POSSIBLY BE??

Dr. March, otherwise known as The Husband: born and bred in the great state of Pennsylvania. (Actually? It's a Commonwealth, but no one has ever been able to adequately explain the difference to me, so I'm being stubborn and calling it a state.)

Mrs. March, otherwise known as your Hostess with the Mostest: possessed of an instinctive and nigh on impossible-to-smother desire to root for the underdog. In the case of this particular athletic event, the 'Hawks.

I swear on the eyes of my spawn, I would've kept my mouth shut had the Steelers won the game on pure merit. But folks, that was just...the reffing...the blatant favoritism...

...it was wrong.
Shannon says it best.

It left me with a bad feeling. And it sort of makes me a little disgusted at those Steelers fans who are happy to have the win, no matter how it was achieved. Dr. March included, though he's beginning to see the error of his ways, twenty-four hours later. Heh heh heh.

Win at any cost? Victory at the price of integrity? Glory at the price of honor?

No wonder we Americans are so popular with the rest of the world these days.

1Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work
»

8/25/2006 8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home