Thursday, December 22, 2005

Blessings of the Season

Yeah, I know. Bad blogger. But I figure everybody is as busy as I am, and nobody would notice.

THE HO-HO-HO TRAIN HAS LEFT THE STATION WITHOUT ME, PEOPLE.

I'm running alongside it, desperately scrambling to catch up, but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna slip on the ice and slide under the wheels any second now.

My tree? Has lights. And I did remember to water it last night. But there's nary a sign of tinsel or popcorn or shiny glass balls to be seen. Only half my shopping is complete--no wrapping whatsoever. No baking. I lack festive clothing to wear for the obligatory family get-together. My children are sickly and my pets are ungroomed.

The holidays are kicking my ass this year, big time, and something's gotta give. Blogging makes the list.

So whatever you celebrate, be it Christmas or Chanukah, Solstice or Kwanzaa, or the Second Coming of the One-Eyed, One-Horned, Flying Purple People Eater, have a huge HappyHappy, and a Merry New Year. I will likely return sometime around the 3rd of January, when things return to what we laughingly refer to around here as "normal."

But as my holiday gift to you, check out this stress reliever. Very satisfying, in a violent sort of way. (Poached from PBW, who got it from Larissa.)

2006 or bust!

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home