Wednesday, October 19, 2005

What I've Learned This Week So Far...

...and it's only Wednesday...

1. Contrary to what my mother, grandmother, and all four of my aunts insisted the entire time I was going through that "awkward" phase between the ages of eight and fourteen, (rail thin, six inches taller than the tallest boy in my grade, Angelina Jolie lips WAY before they were trendy, and buck teeth encased in the shiniest set of braces you EVER saw) LOOKS DO MATTER. Agent 007 says so right here.

Rather glad I clean up well, when I bother to make the effort, though apparently my author photo -- the one in which my hand is coyly tucked beneath my hair and I'm looking (gasp!) directly into the camera -- will need to be redone ASAP. I'll be sure to put that on my To Do list, right after "dust laundry room" and "color-code entire DVD collection."


2. On a related note, when you think you're getting away with driving the kids to school in a black leather motorcycle jacket thrown over red-plaid flannel jammy bottoms and fuzzy slippers? You're likely not. Especially if your daughter is appalled by your chosen ensemble and chooses to vent her disgust by writing about it in her third grade journal.


3. Promotion? Even the promotion of one teeny lil' novella? Even when the promotion of said teeny lil' novella has behind it the astounding, mind-boggling efforts of the publisher's Promo Goddess, a woman I've come to believe must, in fact, be close kin to the Energizer Bunny?

Is hard effin' work.

Eight evening chats this month, at two hours apiece. Several all-day email loop chats. Countless hours spent updating the website. SO hoping it pays off.

(If anyone is interested, here's the evening chat schedule for the remainder of the month:

The Phaze HeatSheet SHIVERS authors will be chatting at:

Flowers and Hearts, October 19th, 9 - 11PM, Eastern Time
Playgirl Posse, October 21st, 9 - 11PM, Eastern Time
Romance At Heart, October 25th, 9 - 11PM, Eastern Time

Enchanted in Romance, October 26th, 9 - 11PM, Eastern Time
Romance Reviews Today, October 28th, 9 - 11PM, Eastern Time )


4. The plural of "clitoris?"

"Clitorides."

Thank you, Smart Bitches. (check the comments for the actual quote)

4Comments:

Blogger Donald Francis said...

*sigh*

Trying a SECOND time, since the site ate my first comment.

Man do I hope Agent 007 is WRONG. I may NEVER sell! :p

10/19/2005 9:51 AM  
Blogger Selah March said...

Oh "THWACK" on your handsome head. You know you're cute as a beagle pup with a face full o' kibble crumbs. :p

10/19/2005 11:21 AM  
Blogger Eva Gale said...

#1. I had the same lips and braces and cursed them while growing up. I appreciate them now. Now that my face grew into proportion that is.

#2. *snort* heeheee.... Get her back. Ask to borrow some clothes/wear big hair and a pink leisure suit and take her to the mall.

007 needs to have someone post her mug on her blog so we can all laugh back.

10/19/2005 2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wouldn't take that comment about what style of pic is apropos too much to heart, pet. First off, that picture of you is lovely. Two, take a second look at the link Agent 007 provides as to an example of a comely author. What's she doing in that picture? Could it be? *gasp*

Staring right into the camera.

There are never any absolutes. Except for good vodka.

10/20/2005 11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home