Friday, August 19, 2005

Dig This Chick

Author Morgan Hawke has a large and rabidly loyal following due both to the amazingly readable quality of her fiction and her sharp insights into the publishing world--particularly the erotic e-pub and small press arenas.

My only complaint would be that she doesn't update her
blog nearly often enough. If you haven't perused it yet, be prepared to spend a couple hours sifting through the tasty nuggets of advice.

Her latest post includes this quote from corporate psychologist Steven Berglas:

"Throughout my career, I've noted that the most authentically motivated employees are the ones who will get in your face and get angry. I always counsel managers that the yes-man/yes-woman is the most malicious force in organizational life because they're the ones who are whoring, who are mercenary, who are talking behind your back."

I'm not going to draw any connections between the above statement (made by a man with years of experience watching corporate hotshots crash and burn) and the current situation with the RWA, and all those folks who think the best way to handle the recent string of disasters is to SHUT UP AND KEEP SMILING. I'm going to just let Mr. Berglas's words sit there and marinate in their own juices.

Happy weekend!

5Comments:

Blogger Karen Scott said...

This is so true about all aspects of life Selah. I find that I prefer people who say what they think without pussyfooting about. I'm much more suspicious of people who tell you what they think you want to hear, then go and stab you in the back.

As for RWA, humph is the most appropriate response I can give *g*

8/19/2005 11:58 AM  
Blogger Donald Francis said...

See? I'm just MOTIVATED. I'm not an angerball.

MOTIVATED!

8/19/2005 1:05 PM  
Blogger Morgan Hawke said...

Wow, thank you for the high praise, Selah!

I'm sorry I don't update my blog often enough, but I don't always have anything to say -- and I do have books to write. (grin)

BTW - I LOVE your rants! You GO Girl!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Morgan Hawke
www.darkerotica.net

PS - I AM an anger-ball. (snicker)

8/19/2005 4:53 PM  
Blogger Eva Gale said...

Thanks for the linkage!

8/20/2005 10:49 PM  
Blogger Karen Scott said...

OK Selah, where the hell are you?

8/30/2005 4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home